[pct-l] Timing of thru-hikers reaching Oregon...

Raebe writes:

<< On average, what percentage of NOBO thru-hikers do you think reach Oregon
border at the end of July, and how many at the end of August (there are some
I know - usually not by design)? I'm aware of the weather contingencies...
And I know all about the snow in the Sierras last year... >>

In a typical year, the majority of northbounders reach the CA/OR border
between July 20th and August 10, with a relatively small percentage outside
of that three week window. In 2005, the main wave of northbounders was 2-3
weeks behind that by the time they got to OR. I would suspect that this will
be a more typical year as far as timing goes.

wc