[pct-l] RE:video format help needed

Weathercarrot wrote:

I'm trying to convert from a regular DVD video format to a file that
can be
read by quicktime, and edited in iMovie or Final cut. I found some
software
that could encode from .vob to .dv, (Drop2DV) but it ran into problems.
Also, 13 minutes of material ended up being about 2.5 gig. Is there any
freeware that could convert a DVD to something smaller? Are there any
mac
experts out there who can help out? Thanks,

Hey Weathercarrot,

I haven't used this software myself, but I think it
will do what you need:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/index.php

David Paulson (Walkon)