[pct-l] "Grizzly Man" comments

Hi,

Saw Grizzly Man yesterday evening. There was an interview with another
much less hyper, much less crazy person in our newspaper, who is still
doing almost the same as Treadwell. In the interview they listed three
other people who were doing a similar thing who had been killed over
the last two years. The Belgian guy apparently is the last one left. He
was convinced that these deaths were all caused by human error, not by
the evilness of bears.

He caved in to the rangers, by the way, and will be using an electric
fence around his camp and will carry pepper spray. What's the deal with
not carrying pepper spray anyway, I don't think it does any real harm
to the bear, right?

Treadwell was so out of this world, that it was difficult to feel
sympathy or kinship with him in the documentary. It is a special story,
though. How men seek to escape by connecting to animals.

Saskia