[pct-l] OR PCT Section Hike 2006

Hi, I'd like to know what the best time (on average) is for hiking the OR PCT. I want to avoid the mosquitoes and snow! So, I guess July (and earlier) is out. So, is it easy for most to complete the OR section in 3 weeks? I don't want to run, and I think I'd have to hike an average of 21 m.p.d to make it in 3 weeks.

Also, how much of the California PCT do I have to hike, since the CA/OR PCT border is in the wilderness?

Is the OR section 450 miles?

Are there any very difficult areas (generally speaking)?

Are there waterless stretches (normal years...no drought)?

Are there any places where the trail is not marked well or non-obvious?

Are bear bags needed in many places (e.g. S. Oregon)?

What's your absolute favorite part of the OR PCT? Sisters? Eagle Creek?

What's the part you disliked the most?

Thanks a lot......... I know that's a lot of questions, but you know how it is.......

Raeba