[pct-l] "Grizzly Man" on TV tonight

We have "One Man's Wilderness" here at Hiker Heaven, too.  I've just started reading it, but look forward to relishing the quiet good sense and profound observations this incredible man had.  There is a sequel film, made by Bob Swerer and his son, called "Alaska, Silence & Solitude", wherein they visit Proenneke in his later years.  One of the most memorable scenes is watching the Swerer's crossing a glacial river with their waders and insulation, then watching Proenneke cross with his bare legs with nary a wince -- calling them his waders.  He was in his 70s at the time.  And, yes, I believe there are flapjacks in either one or both of these films -- I'll have to rewatch them (with pleasure) to confirm it though!  I do remember tha he makes up a stew with vegetables he grew in his garden that had me salivating.  I wistfully wished that I could have spent time with this man, learning just a fraction of the lessons about survival that he had to teach.

L-Rod