[pct-l] Single Wall Tents

Almost all of my winter tents are single walled. One is ToddTex (Gore-Tex),
one is eVENT, and two are Epic.

The only double walled winter tent I have is an MSR SuperFusion 3

The Bibler Fitzroy is ToddTex and is pretty much bomb proof. It is very
breathable. The Bibler I Tent I have is an eVENT prototype that never went
into production. eVENT stopped supplying the fabric for tents before Bibler
could use it. This tent is amazing. *Very* little condensation under any
circumstances I've had it in.

The Black Diamond Firstlight and Skylight I have are both made out of Epic.
It isn't as breathable nor as waterproof as Gore-Tex or eVENT but it is
lighter by quite a bit. As I only use these tents in winter (primarily) or
bug protection (Skylight, for when my wife goes), liquid water just isn't a
problem.

I have tested Epic tents quite a bit and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to
by in a sustained downpour in one.....

But they seem to do fine in winter....so far.

Jerry

reviews and tests on the planet.