[pct-l] Re: Definition - Angels

    Hi JoAnn,

  Of course you are right, I omitted every one else and that wasn't my intention, I was just so impressed when I looked at their site and all they offered. I'm sure I will realize the full extent of my omission when I start hiking the trail, or even before at the KO, and see and experience all that others are doing and offering for the trail and hikers.
  Thank you for reminding me of this. On the other hand, the praise was very sincere and very deserved and I don't regret having publicly offered it.

  Vic

"JoAnn M." <jomike@cot.net> wrote:
        Vic,

  May I respectfully suggest you may have gone a bit too far with your description of some trail angels to the omission of so many others?  There are hundreds of others who offer many services to hikers and/or the trail itself: the individuals who volunteer for all the trail projects, the leaders of those projects, volunteers who visit USFS locations distributing information for the public, day hikers who offer assistance to section/thru hikers they meet along the trail, all the people who give rides to hitch hiking hikers, the ADZ crew, the non-paid staff that help with chores at the PCTA office, those who monitor the trail registers, the men that run this very list/digest, the list goes on and on.

  I post this only to suggest that the focus on any one particular helper(s) {as splendid as their services be} can run the risk of omitting so many others who help, maybe in different ways, but that all together make up the whole of the wonderful community known as " trail angels".

  Thanks for listening,

  JoAnn

Check out my blog for photos and stories of my adventures in Peru:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/vichanson/