[pct-l] New GoLite jacket

The new GoLite Virga is 6 ounces, not 4.5.  I got a look at it this weekend
and it looks to be a nice jacket - should be plenty durable for a thru
hike.  Basically, they have just removed all frills from the jacket to
reduce weight, but the fabric (Alchemy2) is the same stuff they use in
other light jackets.

Also Sierra Designs will have a new jacket available in March that weights
about 5.5 ounces.  It is a lighter fabric, almost like a windshirt.  Our
initial testing with a prototype had some problems with the construction,
but the fabric looks pretty well waterproof.  Sierra Designs gives it a
lower waterproof rating that most other waterproof/breathable jackets.  The
two jackets really have different design intent.  We will have an update
and comparison on both of them within the next week or so.

Don - BackpackingLight.com

aka Lobo PCT 05 and 06