[pct-l] Scott Williamson on the REI speaking circuit

I highly recommend attending Scott's presentation.  I saw his presentation and slide show at ALDHA West in October 2005.  Excellent slides, and an even more excellent speaker.

  What a nice guy, too.  Humble, interesting, funny.

  Too bad that REI is about 2000 miles from where I live.

  yogi
  www.pcthandbook.com

David Plotnikoff <david@emeraldlake.com> wrote:
  Hello from a long-time list-lurker and section hiker.

PCT-l folks on the San Francisco Peninsula may wish to note that Scott
Williamson (who needs no introduction 'round these parts) is scheduled to
speak at the San Carlos REI on Feb. 8 at 7 pm. Admission is free and no
advance registration is required. There will also be a slide show. I'm not
sure if this is Scott's only local REI appearance, as I only received the
e-mail bulletin specific to the San Carlos location.

Two years ago, on the PCT just north of Hyatt Lake, I was northbound
through the woods (and hadn't seen anyone on the trail since Seiad) when I
encountered what appeared to be a trail runner -- a big, lean, clean-cut
dude -- bearing down on me from the north at great speed. It was Scott.
Although he was racing to get a resupply drop at Hyatt, he was kind enough
to stop and chat for a couple minutes and patiently answer The Usual
Questions. I was very impressed not only by the incredible mental and
physical toughness he had to pack for this feat, but also by his humility
and humanity. In other words, a great athlete but also a really nice human
being to boot.

I'm sure you'll find an evening in his company to be time well-spent.

DP