[pct-l] Shires? Moak? Frankle? Nextec Epic Vs. Endurance

what is so special about eVENt?  I haven't heard alot about it...  Also
backpacking light.com says there is a new golite jacket coming out that is
suppose to be 4.5 ounces and waterproof and breathable.. how long will that
thing last for a thru hike?  I had some waterproof/breathable pants buy
golite for my 04 PCT'er, but they were done by the time i got to washington
(when needed them)...

Mouse