[pct-l] PCT Sculptures

I reviewed the archives and could not find that information about this had
been posted to the list.

There's a show at the SF MOMA (Richard Long: The Path Is the Place Is the
Line) that features sculptures on the PCT. The sculptures were just
rearranging the natural materials, and Long created them on 250-mile walk he
took, mainly along the Pacific Crest Trail.

SFMOMA info: http://www.sfmoma.org/exhibitions/exhib_detail.asp?id=220

Artist Link: http://www.richardlong.org/sculptures/sculptures.html

Although I like art like this, including Andy
<http://images.google.com/images?q=andy+goldsworthy&hl=en&hs=wdC&lr=&client=
firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=ii&oi=imagest>
Goldsworthy, I'm not sure what I think of messing with the landscape of my
cherished PCT. I would sometimes carve a cupcake into the dirt or snow along
the trail, and I even wondered about that intrusion, however temporary.

I'm afraid what it will lead to is the arbitrary and way-to-frequent piling
up of precarious rock "art," and I'm not talking about cairns.

Cupcake

ps: I'll be finishing the CDT in 2006 if you want to follow along:
www.cupcakewalk.com