[pct-l] Ice Axe Standards

In a message dated 1/26/2006 9:17:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jeffmoorehead1@cox.net writes: concerning Ice Ax Straps

Good website.  Thanks.  I just talked this AM with a friend of  mine who is
still into the whole thing.  He said that nowdays the  straps are long enough
to change hands without unleashing.  This also  allows for a grip way down on
the shaft for greater stability.  My old ice  axes had a metal ring with a
short wrist strap, which would not slide down very  effectively.  .. which is what
it looks like in the pic on the above  website.

"No Way Ray"  Echols