[pct-l] Sewing Silnylon

I once heard that sewing silnylon requires special skills and equipment?
Is this true?

I have a silnylon pack cover that needs to be "brought-in" to better fit
my pack. I have access to a simple sewing machine, though I've never
used one before.
Are there any seams which are better suited for silnylon? Thread?

Any help from the experts is appreciated!

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m
<http://www.mve-architects.com>