[pct-l] Re: Atlas Snowshoe Poles

Here in Sacramento we have an outdoor gear store called JB3 Outdoor
Warehouse that is similar to the Sierra Trading Post in Reno.  At this  store I saw
snowshoe poles made by the Atlas snowshoe company that  cost $35/pair.  Even
though they were called snowshoe poles, it seems to my  as if they would work as
hiking poles also.  They seemed well made,  relatively light and sturdy
although they were only two section.  I leaned  on them with all my weight (200
lbs) in the store and they held.   Might be a good deal for the budget minded
hiker as hiking poles!  Anyone  familiar with these things?

John Coyle

Way to go Seahawks, Steelers might be tough though!