[pct-l] Predator -- Lions & Bears

    One of the reasons I have not joined into the mountain lion discussion is that I do not want to be an alarmist.  When we trespass on other animals turf we place ourselves at risk and we need to be aware and intelligent but nor fearful.  That being said....
  I recently took a "predator class" with my training with SAR.  The F&G instructor said that there was significant new finding of Black Bears stalking or being predatory.  He mentioned that in a small percentage of deaths/attacks (which is small from BB anyways) that there was evidence that the BB had stalked the victim for considerable amount of time.  This traditionally is more characteristic of Cats.  The vast majority and traditionally attacks were from startling the bear or when the mother bear  instinct was aroused and she was protecting her cubs.  I reiterate that, I bring this up only because I am bored and I would rather be out there hiking and that I am NOT trying to be alarmist.  Bring on the Lions TIgers and Bears --- O yeah!

  Shutterbugg

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!