[pct-l] mtn lions

Earlier this summer I recieved a story from one of the forest service people
I volunteer for telling me of a mountain lion stalking by 4 lions on a FS
employee.

This apparently is the first docmented occurance of a group stalking
/attack. This set off a bunch of lion safety emails to many districts.

I can forward this to anyone who is interested. It is being printed as a
story in my magazine. Can't remember offhand where it was but the lion was
right outside the guy's tent while he was in it and when he came out he was
stalked/followed by the group half way out to his rig.

The group stalking was considered to be an attack or close to it, due to the
number of lions and distance followed.
Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com