[pct-l] Guided trips

Hotmail wrote:

>I have a firnd who is starting an adventure travel business.  He is
>exploring the possibility of leading some trips on the PCT.  These would be
>5-20 day guided backpacking trips.  <snip>  Also, does anyone know of existing companies that do this
>sort of thing?

My first guided trip was in 1962 through Lyle Canyon and led by the
Santa Clara County Parks recreational dept.

The Sierra Club, BSA and GSA and the YMCA lead trips.

A quick Google on "sierra, guided, backpacking" came up with the
Southern Yosemite Mountain Guides, the Sierra Mountain Center, Call of
the Wild, Sea and Summit Expeditions, Leave No Trace Outfitters, and
Sierra Mountaineering International.

The rangers in Yosemite offer 5-7 day guided trips, as does NOLS <tic>,
and of course, a 5-day stint with the PCT trail gorillas could be
construed as a guided trip. <g>

Eckert