[pct-l] Re: Jets

I had some friends into serious hang gliding who told me of taking off from
Horseshoe Meadow Road and hang gliding to Tehachapi. I never was sure if
they were pulling my leg but I suppose it could be possible.

I was in Borrego a couple weeks ago and watched a jet fly up Coyote Canyon,
circle counterclockwise into Indian Canyon and then up Cougar Canyon,
climbing vertically to void Hot Springs Mountain while making a 360 roll. He
was under 500 feet as I was looking down on him.

I've heard this hotdogging in the wilderness is not authorized, but
tolerated as only the best pilots can do this and we want pilots that are
able to do this. It was impressive to watch, although it would become
annoying if he would have kept it up all day.

AsABat