[pct-l] Trail medicine

May be an interesting tidbit for on-trail medicine:

"Eat powdered willow bark, and call me in the morning." For pain and
fevers, that's what the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates told his
patients.

Apparently willow bark contains salicylic acid, a component of
aspirin. Does it have to be powdered/dry? Would willow bark tea work
as well? And how much willow bark would I have to nibble if I needed
some pain relief out of reach of the neighborhood RX?

Rick