[pct-l] Young PCT Hiker

Little Leroy came into the kitchen where his mother was making  dinner.

His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to  tell his
mother what he wanted. "Mom, I want a backpack for my birthday, so I  can start
hiking with my older bother on the PCT. "

Little Leroy was a  bit of a troublemaker.  He had gotten into trouble at
school and at  home.  Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a
new  backpack for his birthday.  Little Leroy, of course, thought he  did.

Leroy's mother, being a good mother, wanted him to reflect on  his behavior
over the last year and write a letter to God and tell him why he  deserved a
new backpack for his birthday.  Little Leroy stomped up the  steps to his room
and sat down to write God a letter.

LETTER 1: Dear God:  I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a
backpack for my  birthday.  I want a very light weight one too.  Your friend,
 Leroy.

Leroy knew this wasn't true.  He had not been a very good boy  this year, so
he tore up the letter and started over.

LETTER 2: Dear God:  This is your friend Leroy.  I have been a pretty good
boy this year, and I  would like a very light backpack for my birthday.  Thank
you,  Leroy.

Leroy knew this wasn't true either.  He tore up the letter  and started again.

LETTER 3: Dear God: I know I haven't been a good boy  this year.  I am very
sorry. I will be a good boy if you just send me a  nice PCT backpack for my
birthday.  Thank you, Leroy.

Leroy knew,  even if it was true, this letter was not going to get him a
backpack.  By  now, Leroy was very upset.

He went downstairs and told his mother he  wanted to go to church.  Leroy's
mother thought her plan had worked because  Leroy looked very sad.

"Just be home in time for dinner," his mother  said.

Leroy walked down the street to the church and up to the  altar.  He looked
around to see if anyone was there.  He picked  up a statue of the Virgin Mary,
slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the  church, down the street, into
his house, and up to his room.  He shut the  door to his room and sat down with
a piece of paper and a pen and wrote his  letter to God.

LETTER 4:
I GOT YOUR MAMA.  IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER  AGAIN, SEND THE PACK.

Signed, YOU KNOW WHO

Ha, ha, ha, ha.  Cheers, Switchback Ha, ha, ha,  ha.