[pct-l] wolf attack

I couldn't be any more in disagreement with this whole statement. If you
read the article carefully, although it is not explicitly stated, the author
hints that this attack probably occurred because the wolf was habituated to
humans. It does not state that wolves have a knowledgeable fear of humans
and therefore avoid them-- they are simply not habituated toward humans in
associating potential food resources with them. Therefore, they leave them
alone or recognize them as a potential source of danger upon encounter. To
go further and then state that we then should 'teach the bears a lesson' by
luring them to our food and then springing a gun or spray on them is just
plain ludicrous. Bear cannisters and lockers are the only way to habituate
bears to the idea that "although these humans have food, we can't get it so
leave 'em be"-- much as wolves do where the humans don't feed them. By the
way, would you implement your idea in grizzly country? These animals are
smarter than you give them credit for...