[pct-l] Hiking to Washington option

Option B:  Go to the conference, THEN head for the PCT and hike sobo to Big Bear...

Regarding caffeine:  As any 'addiction', there is a withdrawal period - and the length
depends upon the depth of the addiction (both physical and mental)...  But there are
other alternatives to coffee for the caffeine 'fix' on the trail, such as "Jolt" gum
(see <http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/jolt_caffeine_energy_gum.html>) or various 'pills' - none of which
I am familiar with since I have been 'decaffeinated' for many years now (in fact I now get
the headaches when I inadvertently have caffeine)...

Whatever - nobo, sobo, caffeine or no...  Happy trails!!!