[pct-l] Stealth on the Trail

In a message dated 1/1/2006 11:50:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, Mtnned  writes:

The blue  color helped the pilot see him against the white, black, and green
of the wet  forest.

Good thing I have a bright blue  foam pad on the top of my black GoLite
Breeze pack.  I use the GossamerGear  NightLight torso pad.  I will keep it on top
and not change it around  to another pack location.  Good safety info.

I keep pretty good tabs on Sierra  hiker rescues and missing folks through
the Bishop, CA, Inyo Register.  I  take it to my home here in NV.  Usually folks
that go missing are found  several years later.  They fall and wash or roll
down the canyons.   Falling and water are the big killers.  Water in either in
frozen form or  liquid.  I guess exposure is the next killer, but that is
related to being  wet many times.  I have heard of trees falling on people in
their tents and  killing them too.  That happen several years ago to a lady
leading a work  crew.

Cheers, Switchback
Probable Future  Rescuee