[pct-l] Hiking to Washington

In a message dated 1/16/2006 10:34:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
kdpo@gottawalk.com writes:

> [...]
people
are out at the end of the bell curve (Squeaky,  Scott Williamson, Flyin
Brian, and several others). The normal thru-hiker  doesn't average 30
miles/day, especially thru the Sierra in early  June.>>>>>

Not that I'm a negative kind of guy...but, it seems a bit unrealistic that
this is doable.  Assuming the ideal of 30 miles a day, it would take 56 1/2
days.  Allowing one day to get into Seattle puts the starting time from  Kennedy
Meadows on May 6th.  Considering the impossibility of making 30  mile days
through the Sierra in heavy snow, and the necessity of some resupply  time, It
would be more like the last of April.  Then consider how much  further north
the snow would last... Tuolumne Meadows still has snow at the end  of May...

Somebody out there do it, just to show me that I'm wrong......   :C)

"No Way Ray"  Echols