[pct-l] Hiking to Washington

Big Bear is mile 274.1, I-90 into Seattle is mile 2401.8... a bit over 2100
miles.   Assuming a normal Sierra snow pack, and a departure from  Kennedy
Meadows ( mile 705.2)  on June 15.... uh,  I'm having trouble  with the math, but
I think that considerably more velocity than 3 mph will be  required.  You
may have to make plans more convoluted than leaving Big Bear  on day X and
arriving in Seattle on the first of July.

The above sounds condescending... but not meant to be.  People who  leave
from Campo in the third week of April ( plus or minus ) and arrive at  Kennedy
Medows in mid June, typically will be in Lake Tahoe around the 4th of
July....which is mile 1126... well short of I-90 in Washington.  In 2004  mid June was
fine in the Sierra, in 2006 mid June was challenging.

Assuming 30 miles a day ( no small assumption for one old and pathetic,  such
as myself), with no days off, it would take a bit more than 70 days...which
means you'd have to go through the Sierra in early May..... that is a  problem.

"No Way Ray"  Echols