[pct-l] Six Moon Designs New Pack

Yep, that might have been me!  I fell in love with Ron's Essence pack at ALDHA West.  I've been pushing myself to go ultralight, and the Essence pack is what finally did it for me.

  The three main features which drew me to the pack:

  (1)  It's a back-loading pack.  Yep, you read that right.  Not top-loading, not side-loading, but back-loading.  You'll have to see it to believe it.  Because of the back-loading, when you open your pack, you have access to ALL your gear.  No more digging to the bottom to find whatever you need.

  (2)  The shoulder straps are thin enough and in the right shape to fit my body.  Prior to this, I'd only found one other pack with shoulder straps that fit comfortably and carried well.

  (3)  Although the Essence is a silnylon pack, the bottom is made out of some other stronger nylon (note my lack of correct terminology!), so that when I put the pack on the ground, the silnylon won't tear.

  Check out Ron's site here:  http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=44

  I've noticed that he has a drastically reduced price for the first 50 packs ordered.

  Good luck!

  yogi
  www.pcthandbook.com

"Christin L. Pruett" <ftclp@uaf.edu> wrote:  I remember a post (maybe by Yogi?) a month or so ago about the new
"Essence" pack. Whoever sent it really liked the pack. I am thinking
about buying it... can the poster (or anyone else) give some more info
about what they liked about the pack?
Thanks, Christy