[pct-l] section times

My vote for the Sierras would be after Labor Day being sure to finish your hike
by Oct 1 (or even a little sooner). No crowds, no bugs, pretty darn good
weather, though the later you are out there, the greater the probability of some
snow. On the other hand, it is drier and you'll see very few wildflowers, not
much snow on the peaks (most years), and the nights will be a little colder.

The Wilderness Press guidebooks (vols 1, 2, and 3) generally have comments about
the best times of year to hike the various sections.

--Steve