[pct-l] Google Earth -PCT Screen Shots

For those who haven't downloaded and then loaded up the GoogleEarth application to view/do a flyby
along the PCT, here are things I could see on the PCT via the GoogleEarth application -- this to
give you an idea about the satelite resolution and what types of "smaller" items I could see along
the PCT:

1) I could easily see the bridge where the PCTA constructed that new metal leanto for hiker shade
in southern California. The leanto is apparently too new to show up on the satelite photo or else
it's under that clump of trees just to the upper right of the bridge (I was twisting the flyby and
lowering the viewing angle so much I don't know what true direction that clump of trees was at
from the bridge -- maybe east or northeast I guess).

2) The washing machine area behind the hiker building at HikerTown (the hiker building was easily
visible, along with the vehicles out in front of the garage). Not that that's a good thing.

3) You can easily see two vehicles traveling down the aqueduct along the PCT. I looked for that 4'
high concrete blockade structure I hid out at along the aqueduct in the middle of the night but
couldn't find it after flying the length several times. Must be inside that small square section
where the resolution is less or clouds were too thick when the satelite photo was taken.

4) That ridge section just past Tylerhorse Canyon coming out of the Mojave where I did my Dick
Button/Peggy Flemming skate along the ridge, having gotten knocked off my feet multiple times in
the wind.

5) The spot where those $^%#*& bees attacked me on the PCT just south of I-10. You can easily see
Fuller Ridge on the south side of I-10 and on the north side, the power station next to the PCT.
Ran out of time and didn't find the Pink Motel.

6) I believe I can make out where the chair area/water cache (built by previous PCT hikers) on the
north side of Palms To Pines Highway where the PCT crosses. There's a small parking lot you can
zoom in on and in the upper left corner is where that chair/cache area is located.

I looked for Kennedy Meadows but ran out of time. I'll have to move the GoogleEarth app to a
faster PC. Sure is cool.

Datto