[pct-l] Solar Panel Info?

Hi Jim,
 I have been experimenting with this same idea for awhile. First, I made
sure that all electronic gadgets that I am taking use AA batteries and not
the proprietary variety. Here's what I've found. A hi wattage charger will
tend to charge much faster= less one full set of batteries to carry but is
heavier. A slow 'trickle-type' charger is much lighter but takes a whole day
+ of exposure (14 hours) to charge a set of 4 empty AA, so this would imply
that you would need 2 full set of backups if you always want to have your
gadgets ready to work their wonders (one set in the equipment, one ready set
in your pack, one set being charged). I have chosen this latter system-- I
am not sure about the ounce for ounce comparison, but to me this system is
more foolproof and an easier concept. You mount the tiny panel on your
backpack with some velcro mounts and tuck the battery tray inside your pack.
Here's the link to purchase them-- note that they've done all the soldering
and installed a diode so you won't have to worry about 'reverse charging'
when the sun goes away:

http://store.sundancesolar.com/flsobachfor4.html