From: stillroaming [mailto:PCT@DelNorteResort.Com]
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:55 AM
To: dsaufley; Lonetrail@aol.com; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net;
Bighummel@aol.com
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Damn So Cal Weather

Donna stated, "As though geography dictates the hearts and minds of man, and
by merely getting away from the city, you have found a utopia where the ugly
side of mankind does not exist."

Yes, geography does! Isn't this exactly the reason why we hike? Getting away
from the pointless distractions and wonders of man is a 'utopia found', a
change of perspective. The most marked drop of encounters with the 'ugly
side of mankind' can be found on or near the trail. It's all about
geography.

Did you really say that? Someone needs to take a hike, lest they forget what
hiking is all about. :)

Scott