[pct-l] Rockies Ruck

Sorry for the cross posting...

Looks like the details have (more or less, we are
hikers after all) for the  Rockies Ruck. So it is the
original posting with more info added.

Last year we had the first (and hopefully!) annual
Rockies Ruck. It
was a great success. About twenty hikers in Boulder,
CO. We ate (boy,
did we eat!), watched slide shows and enjoyed talking
trail.

There have always been Gatherings, Rucks and Trail
Days on the East
and West coasts..felt it was time to bring a get
together to the
Rockies. We are all sick of flying to see our hiker
buddies. :D

The Ruck is a low key get together for those who enjoy
the long
trails. Does not matter if you are thru-hiker, a
section hiker, day
hiker or a dreamer...you just need to love the
outdoors and the long
trails!

More info on what a Ruck is all about:
http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/

This year, we are having the Ruck at the Leadville
Hostel
(http://www.leadvillehostel.com) in Leadville, CO on
Feb 24-26th. We
did it this early so all the ATers can get inspired
for their big trek!

Some of you CDTers/CTers probably know Wild Bill from
your stay at the
hostel. He is very hiker friendly and very excited to
be hosting us!
Saw him in Leadville in August and he is looking
forward to having the
hikers over.

For more info on what is a ruck go to:
http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/

Unlike last year, the food is being made for us.

Here's what WB said:

kay Paul, I put pencil to paper and came up with this
price -- With 2 breakfasts & 2 dinners/ upstairs in
the semi-private rooms it will be $70 per person plus
tax. With 2 breakfasts & 2 dinners/ downstairs in
the dorm rooms it will be $60 per person plus tax.
There is an additional surcharge if a Saturday lunch
is included ( $7) If anyone desires a private or
couples room the nightly fee can be adjusted
accordingly. Please let us know if there are any
guests that are vegetarians or have any dietary
restrictions. Let me know your thoughts on these
items. WB

******
Mags again:

Seems about right. If you are interested in going,
reserve with Bill:

http://www.leadvillehostel.snapmonkey.net/page/page/1582082.htm

Let him know it is for the Rockies Ruck.

Organizing the schedule of events now. Always like
input!

The Ruck message group is at: