[pct-l] Cleaning down bags

>Any soap recommendations?  What's the best way to dry them?

Use a "non-detergent" for down...  I used Woolite in the past, but now use Nikwax Down Wash - available via REI...  There's other brands available elsewhere as well...

Definitely use a front load washer for sleeping bags (one at a time - unless you go to a laundromat and use a large commercial size front load washer)...  Consider going to a laundromat to DRY the bag - the larger the dryer, the better for the 'fluffing' of the down - home dryers don't have enough volume to do this efficiently (CAUTION: Stay close and moniter the laundromat dryer - laundromat dryers are notoriuos for being too HOT for down...  you may have to bounce the temp control back and forth from low to fluff, or medium to low, etc.  And have plenty of quarters with you!)...

Hope that helps!

Good advice on the flood insurance, especially if your house has a basement (or any other portion of it that is "below !  Where I live, Spring rain storms can rapidly melt snowpack and water might come into the basement even without 'flooding' outside...  and if the sump pump doesn't run or can't keep up for some reason - then I'm covered...

Happy trails!!!