[pct-l] slight change to Canada Immigration policy

In a message dated 1/4/2006 12:04:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yogihikes@sbcglobal.net writes:

> The US is gradually phasing in new requirements to enter the US from any
> country.  Mags is correct --- a driver's license and birth certificate have
> been enough identification to enter the US from Canada for many years.  However,
> very soon passports will be required.

I wonder what they're going to do if an American citizen shows up at a manned
border crossing without a passport?  Torture us in the name of Homeland
Security?  A fine, jail time?

It was easy enough to sneak out into Canada, I doubt it would be much harder
to sneak back in.

Sly