[pct2006] Re: Fw: [pct-l] slight change to Canada Immigration policy

In a message dated 1/3/2006 9:03:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bellmore1975@yahoo.com writes:

<<<<<I wonder if it would be safer to walk into Canada and when asked, tell
them you didn't know you needed anything  to hike into Canada

Actually that is exactly what you do, once you reach the Monument at North
end you walk uphill for another 7 or 8 miles and come out to the trailhead
on the road and walk about a mile down the road to the Manning Park Lodge,
where you can get a bus to Vancouver or Seattle.  There is nothing on the
trail hiking out, and no one or place where you could report too.

What you NEED to have is some proof of citizenship to get back into the
States; you do not even stop at the Canadian side.  I have always taken my
passport and forgo any hassle.

Cheers,

Marge(the old gal)

  _____