[pct-l] Snow Camping, Tyvek

Mtnned said:
> (Usually by the time you reach Kennedy Meadows, you'll be in such great
> shape  that you might not even notice the additional weight of a heavier
> tent.)

I would add that by the time you reach Kennedy Meadows most hikers will have
lost several pounds of weight besides becoming fitter and used to their
backpacks. Carrying the extra pound or two of a heavier tent won't seem like
a big issue. Your total weight (all your gear plus body weight) will likely
be lower than when you left the border.

The flip side is that many hikers choose to carry from Kennedy Meadows to
VVR. We planned on 10 days food for that stretch and entered VVR with only a
roll of Lifesavers. (They were buried in my pack or they would have been
gone too.) You may want to consider whether you prefer carrying food or
heavier gear. We chose food and didn't hike out to re-supply.

Ken
...GottaWalk