[pct-l] Snow Camping, Tyvek

Garret,

If you're talking about snow camping while thru hiking you don't have the
time to be digging proper snow caves. So can that idea. Either carry a great
tent with good ventilation to minimize condensation or the components to make
one. You'll have to decide what works for you.

I carry 4-season tents that will take a snow load, not flap in the wind,
have good, sealed tub floors to keep the water out, have full flys to keep the
wind-driven rain out and have numerous screened doors and/or windows for
ventilation and views.  I appreciate roominess inside for cooking and  spreading
out all my gear to dry and for access, so I carry a two-man tent if  I'm going
solo, three-man if I have a partner along.  I like comfort,  warmth, and
security at the end of a long day; I'll deal with the weight.   (Usually by the time
you reach Kennedy Meadows, you'll be in such great shape  that you might not
even notice the additional weight of a heavier tent.)

Mtnned