[pct-l] Highsierracrampons?

  i say leave the crampons home.  they are not worth the weight. UNLESS you
are planning on being in the sierras in lets say april or may. but that is
just ridiculuous.     in 2005, myself and the majority of the people i was
around at the time either did not use their crampons or only used them once.
     if you time the passes correctly then you dont need them at all.
personaly i would say that snow shoes are a more helpfull peice of equipment
while going through the sierras.  there was  a sweedish couple this last
summer that had snow shoes and they just walked right over all the sun cups
and the soft snow in the afternoon that the rest of us would sink up to our
knees/hips in.

i hope that helps some.
have a great day and a wonderful hike!!!
TYVEK