[pct-l] New Hiking Standards (colors)

Besides, Mother Nature is FULL of bright, happy colors.   Consider the
bright fuchsia-colored penstemons, the bright orange Humboldt lilies, the
practically luminous electric-green lichens on junipers in Evolution
Canyon - the benefit of hiking in the rain.

Not all bright-colored plants are the result of massive cultivation,
hybridization or genetic modification.  Probably most.  And let's not forget
the bright, bright blue of Ceanothus cyaneus, the San Diego Mountain Lilac.

So I prefer to (ahem) blend in with Nature's bright, happy colors, instead
of its more somber shades.  So there.  Phtbbbt.

Here's to happy colors, and a happy 2006!

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached its top.  Then
you will know how low it was.
                                                                     Dag
Hammarskjold