[pct-l] Question for fundraisers/charity hikers

If you want to hike the PCT, then hike the PCT.  Period.

  Raising money for a charity is an entirely different subject.  Congratulations for wanting to help a charity.  I admire anyone who dedicates their time to helping any charity.  However, in my opinion, hiking a long trail under the umbrella of hiking "for" something is . . . . . well . . . . . I just can't find the adjective to explain how absurd this is.

  yogi
  www.pcthandbook.com

Rhys A <pctchicky@hotmail.com> wrote:
  Hello everyone! I want to hike the PCT and raise money for our local Humane
Society. I've scoured journals and read many books of past 'charity' hikers,
but I can't find good directions on how to go about setting up a fundraising
hike...who to contact, etc.

If anyone has any details or experiences to share, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks, and happy hiking! :)

--Rhys