[pct-l] SuperSecrets - Water and Containers

I was wondering what do folks use  out on the trail to carry water and
sanitize it?  If you want to share any  info, please let me know thru the PCT-L.
This is currently what I am  doing:

I find that the Platypus containers  are good for carrying water.  Of course,
bladders are good too.  I  also carry two water bottles on my belly-waist
pack system.  I only treat  water with chemicals if I think I need to, which is
rarely.

If you do not pump-filter water and  have the outlet hose to use, an
irritation is trying to get water into the  Platypus or other narrow mouth containers
through the  narrow opening.  There are several ways to do this  easier.
1.  Collect water into a  wide mouth container and then pour into the narrow
mouth container.
2.  Use a ZipLock bag to  collect water into and then pour into your narrow
mouth container. This  idea from Glenn at GossamerGear.com.
3.  Use a small kitchen funnel  to direct water into the narrow mouth
container.  I have a small kitchen  funnel that weighs .75 ounces and works fine.  It
is good for pouring  powders and drink mixes into the container too.

Of course, there are wide mouth  designed containers too.  But too often I
find them too bulky and prefer  the narrow mouth containers.  By the way, if I
had to use a pump to filter  water, I would quit backpacking.  I hate it.

Thanks, Switchback
Trail Mob Leader & Trail Town  Gang Organizer