[pct-l] chest strap on a shoestring

For years I have used a shoestring for a chest strap on a
day pack I had. I tied it onto one strap so that it
produced a loop. Then, when I put my pack on, I would run
the ends of the shoe string around the other strap and run
one end through the loop, then tie it to the other end with
a knot that allowed it to be untied quickly. It worked
quite well,

         Rob

[pct-l] chest strap
In early November Another person wrote:
 >From my experience (climbing, mtneering, ski
mtneernig...), buckling would only make the matter worse.
To really prevent what you are talking about, you need to
have a chest strap.  Many light-weight packs don't have
those though, so the waist buckle would be better than
nothing....if you have a waist strap on your pack.