[pct-l] Holiday Cheers....

Years ago I had a course in Ancient Religion when I was in College. The
Christmas tree supposed to have originated from the Picts or Drews  (Pagans) in
the Northern British Isle. When the days got shorter  they were afraid of the
nights. They would cut down Pine trees and  build hugh bon-fires to chase away
the evils of darkness. Of course this would  be around our Christmas time. Not
sure about the spelling of Drews. In San  Francisco you can rent a potted tree
for 90 dollars and they will pick it  up and replant the tree for next year.

Lonetrail

don't  know much about the history of the "christmas" tree except that it
was  part of the Germanic pagan celebration of the winter solstice. Like
many  other such customs, the catholic church  couldn't
pagan celebration so the church adopted / adapted them to have a
christian meaning.

Tortoise