[pct-l] Any 2006 section hiker/riders?

Hello all-

I'm a new boot to this list and wanted to see if there were any contacts for
folks planning a section ride (or hike with horses carrying the load) in
2006 and possibly looking for trail companions. We are thinking of heading
west sometime around June/July (coming from Austin, TX) and wanted to start
our adventure on the PCT. We'd like to try for a three to six week excursion
in CA, OR or WA. We'd love to hook up with a veteran PCT 'guide' on your
favorite section. We are a married couple, fit and active and have done
regular backpacking in Big Sur (love those hot springs) but know how those
heavy loads really wear you down. I have extensive horse experience and my
better half is an excellent cook. Anyway, we plan to get the PCT guidebook
but would love any input on a first timer's best place to start, etc...

Thanks again for your dedication and involvement with the PCT!

ON-ON
---Trisha