[pct-l] Re: Hot Springs on and near the PCT

--Regarding "Fish Creek/Iva Bell Hot Springs"  and the trail
junction with the PCT to Cascade Valley : I beg to differ.  The
northbound approach to the Cascade Valley/Fish Creek trail is well
marked only when you pass it, then turn around and realize that
you just passed a large trail sign hidden from the northbound view
by large shrubs.  This was my experience in September of this
year, and I was watching for the trail junction while descending
from Silver Pass.  However - as I think I posted earlier this fall
- the trail guide is incorrect when it describes this alternate
route as "mostly downhill."  A thousand feet of gain from Iva Bell
Hot Springs (yes, VERY worth visiting) is NOT mostly downhill.
But I digress.  The hot springs are definitely worth being added
to the list, even if off the main PCT route.  Nothing like a hot
bath before bedtime...

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija