[pct-l] RE: Gravity

Can you give me a location where you know for a fact that a car will
> roll uphill?  I would like to see that myself.  I would also like to
> take a gps altitude reading of the area to prove if indeed it is a
> hill going up?  I know that gravity is not uniform across the globe,
> and there are small and high anomilies, but this car rolling uphill
> goes against everything I have ever read about gravity.
> Doing a web search on the topic states that it is not true.  Please
> provide a location that such a thing can occure.

There are some crazy places in the Sierra's with all the granite they
contain.  Thirty five years ago my parents rented an RV and took me and
my brothers on a week long trek up the west slope of the Sierra's, up
over Tahoe, and down the east face back to Los Angeles.  Somewhere on
Hwy 50, not far from Lake Tahoe, we came to a stretch of highway that my
brother swore was downhill and I swore was uphill.  My dad stopped and
coasted in one direction, turned around, stopped and coasted in the
opposite direction.  Some places, like the Sierra's, are more than the
sum of their parts, and seem to exude energy.  Maybe that's one reason
we love the Sierra's so much.  Now, if only I could coast to the top of
Mt. Whitney.

Lars
TrailSnail