[pct-l] Tai Chi & the PCT

I have recently hurt a disc in my lower back and immediately went into deep
depression upon the realization that this might mean the beginning of the end.
But no.  I began exercising the lower back muscles religiously and sleeping
with a pillow below my butt to arch my spine back while resting and taking
glutimine to help build the muscles back and, of course, power walking - from the
center (what a great description of this!) up the highest hill in my town and
now . . .

Not only is my back feeling great and strong, but a ligament pain in the
front of my knee is gone and I am getting stronger and now powering up the hills
rather than just hauling myself up and, now when I come back down the steeper
portions I find that my knees feel better too due to the muscles around them
developing and supporting the joint better.

YMMV, IMHO, GYOW, HYOH, KOIYDLT,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

(KOIYDLT = Kiss Off If You Don't Like This ;-)

"Solvitur Ambulando"
(walking solves all things)
St. Augustine