PRIVATE EMAIL-- QUESTION...Re: [pct-l] Public Announcement

Here is an idea I just got since I?recently have been able to

afford a lot more travel -- so I have

been considering something for additional rewards, but don't

know if it?is too personal for the list and I deeply?want to respect the

achievement and the hiker and have some fun supporting it

as well. So please just flame me with a pilot light and hold

onto your blow torches please--

This could be fun...so let's get **REALLY** serious about this reward business:

I will up the ante and add another bond,
buy dessert and also add a good stiff drink for all...

AND --- I am surely crazy....but I have been single
for 6 years now and getting pretty tired of being that
way and have not meet a compatible hiking mate
that is really serious about the outdoors...but I have
been only looking for a few months...so....

...tadaaa...drum rollllll pleasssseeeeeeeeee...

if your are so inclined and we are romantically
compatible (A BIG IF-- I know)...I will pay for an
all-expenses paid trip to hike the Alps together
from say Chamonix, Zermat, --Mt Blanc, Matterhorn,
Eiger loop in the summer of 2007--perhaps hut-to-hut-
details TBD! Honeymoon trip??(smiles) -- as long as your PCT FF
is totally verifiable/docunmented/witnessed. (log
entries of names/locations/angels, etc are one way)...

Also...the winner has to walk in and not crawl in (smirk!)
to the restaurant.

Out-on-a-vunerable-limb-here,

Richard

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:33:29 -0500, hiker97
wrote
> I already have a standing offer of $100 for anyone who comes up with

> a super light tablet or powder for that turns into 1-liter of fresh

> clean water.? I got a lot of crank emails on that one.? Some of you

> folks think you are pretty
cute.

> Now we are going to get serious -- no more Mister Goof Off.? I will

> take the first female(s) who is the first one to flip-flop the PCT

> in one calendar year to the restaurant of her choice in the San

> Diego area at the completion of her hike.? The hike must be north

> and then south to end up at Campo.?
Also, I will present her with a

> $50 US Savings Bond at the restaurant.? I know, you have to read

> that again to believe it, but it is true.? This extravagance is

> because I am getting a little tired of the men taking all the glory

> and setting all the records.?
Ridiculous.

> Anyone who wants to up the reward pool is welcome to join
in.

> Any hanger-ons and trail dudes and dudettes who want to join in on

> the celebration will have to pick up their own
tabs.

> Thank you for your
attention.

> Sincerely and respectfully,