[pct-l] SuperSecrets - Tasty Electrolytes

Bill Gookin doesn't like sugar in the drinks either, but puts some in because a lot of people wouldn't drink Gookinaide otherwise.  There is the "competition flavor" that barely has any sugar.

Capt Bivy
 -a friend of Bill in beautiful, sunny San Diego

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 20:02:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Chance Money <chancepctcdt@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] SuperSecrets - Tasty Electrolytes
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net

As far as electrolytes go I have lost interest in
formulas which use large amounts of refined sugar with
the occasional exception of Gookinaid. The problem is
that the glucose spike of refined sugar gets me on a
roller coaster of a brief, nervous high followed by a
longer (seems longer anyway), depressing, paralyzing
low. I am not sure if this is classed as an
electrolyte or not but if it is, my favorite is
Emer??Tgen-C. I normally take four packets a day when
on the trail and two more after an exceptionally
difficult hike.

Chance