[pct-l] Dances with Marmots

This is written by a firefighter from Auckland, NZ who took leave to "tramp," as the Kiwis would say, the PCT in the early 1990s, if I remember the date correctly.  It was posted at the site listed by Shutterbug several years ago (with no pictures) and I read it about two years ago. It was recommended to me by someone I met in New Zealand. I thought it was very amusing, giving a different perspective from the one most of us have. However, I did not learn much new and I wouldn't put it in the "must read" category. Still, I did enjoy it.

An excerpt from the E-mail I wrote just after reading it and sent to the person who recommended it to me:
"My initial motivation was to look at a New Zealander's perspective of the PCT and hiking in North America. I really enjoyed it from that perspective, but I also found it interesting in other respects. He writes well. .... While many of his concerns were characteristic of a non-American in a strange place, many are shared by any city-bred new hiker."

Hope this is useful,

Pieces