[pct-l] Lunar Solo Tent

 I rate this tent as 5 star in all ways. I have used it paddling down the Baja last year in some huge winds and it was great! For a solo tent , hard to top. Henry's Tarptents are quite good as well, but the Tee Pee style is good in the wind. The Indians had years to figure out that design which Polar Explorers and even our Army adopted. Love how you have a nice vestibule  to leave wet gear and shoes in , plus lay in your bag and make breakfast on cold snowy or damp days. I Have over 100 nights in mine which was only a proto type and newer ones are better still. All this being said though , Henry has a new three man tarptent  I want for friends and winter trips which looks to be a big hit. Perfect for a couple  or people needing room for their dog/dogs..     25 years ago North face had a tent named the " Grasshopper" which was much like the Lunar and single wall Tee Pee style. That tent flopped as it was a time when the public only wanted double wall free standing tents. Too bad as it was a great tent as well. REI sold the McKinley  tent in the early 70's and late sixties which was a very good tent ,but was axed when the free standing tents ( And their Erector Set Frames!!) came into favor. Tents, gear etc. do has a way of coming full circle. The new light weight movement makes Tee Pee's a good choice to shelter /weigh ratios.....